The Fitness Focus

It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

AuthorMessage
 Post subject: It happened.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:22 pm 
Owner

At 12:27 pm my Father ended his not so long bout with cancer. I wont be around much over the next few days as there is so much to do and quite frankly I'm just not in the right mood. I'm sure you can understand. But please, keep the board moving. I want to come back and spend days trying to get caught up.

Thank you one and all for your support and patience. No one could ask for a better extended family.

All my best,
Mikey

I have flying monkees and I'm NOT afraid to use them!

Be BOLD enough to imagine. Be BRAVE enough to believe.

Profile Visit website Personal Album  

Post subject: Re: It happened.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:48 pm 
Global Moderator

My thoughts and prayer go out to you and your family ! Take care and take as much time as you need!

The key to a perfect physique is training and training and repeating and repeating. Stop looking for a perfect move, a perfect rep range. You won’t see difference unless you are consistent anyway so stop obsessing, it paralyzes your actions......
~Just Saying~

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:55 pm 
Owner

Thanks sweetie. I appreciate the sentiment very much. :kiss: (couldnt pass up a chance to use my new smilie)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:19 pm 
VIP

Black7 wrote:
May God let mikeys dad RIP. My deepest thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family Mikey. I know its a tough time. Keep faith and surround you self with loved ones. Sit back and reflect all of the positive things you have encountered through out life with him.

Black7 wrote:
BigMikey wrote:
Black, you're a poetic bastid, aitcha? Thank you so much for the kind words and the prayers. You're an awesome friend.

i recently lost a grandma... or granny where i am from.... its better to see the good than focus on them being gone... i guess as you grow older you become accustom to peoples time arriving... you learn to realize its part of life and you learn to love and grow upon whats good and what you remember about them that has affected you in your walk of life...

You are a strong man mike... you stay that way just like any father would want their son to be...

Last edited by Black7 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
took this out of the other thread... didnt see this...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:34 pm 

Mikey, so sorry for your loss big guy, take as long as you need and look out for the rest of the family.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:40 pm 

Prayers sent big man....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:59 pm 
VIP

Hey Mikey. So sorry to hear that he passed. Only good thing is he is not suffering in pain. Nothing is worse than seeing someone become a part of what they were. Stay strong, shed as many tears as you need, be close to your family and hang in there. We will be right here when you get back.

We will keep each other in line. :arms:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:16 pm 
Owner

Thank you all so much for the well wishes. The mean more than you can know. Having you guys in my life right now is such a blessing and having TFF is really helping me deal. Whats more, I've got the luxury of not having to worry about this place. The staff is awesome and all the members are great. Best of all, you guys are true friends and family. In days to come I have no doubt I'll turn to this place to help me get my feet back under me.

Not many owners of boards this small can rest as easy as I can knowing the board will continue to prosper in my abscence. I know it seems odd for me to focus so much on the boards status but it helps keep me from being overwhelmed by all that I have to do. Plan the funeral, notify all the friends and next of kin (some of whom dont speak english so THAT should be fun), rectify his banking, bills, etc.... So this becomes my little beacon of positivity in a way.
You ALL become my my positive influences.

Gotta eat something and then head out to the funeral home.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:24 pm 
Global Moderator

Love ya's - no ...really I do!

You are a great person Mikey - inside and out.....Keep ur chin up, but yo also need to experience the loss, so you can move forward..

If you or Jen need anyting please let me know...

The key to a perfect physique is training and training and repeating and repeating. Stop looking for a perfect move, a perfect rep range. You won’t see difference unless you are consistent anyway so stop obsessing, it paralyzes your actions......
~Just Saying~

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:27 pm 
Global Moderator

No Worries big fella!!! I promise ya!

~Just Saying~