The Fitness Focus

It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

AuthorMessage
 Post subject: Our Logo...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:53 pm 
Owner

I've been toying with the idea of enhancing our logo somewhat. I cant really do anything in terms of hight (thats locked in by the hosting site - another one of the concessions I had to make when I switched to free hosting) but I was thinking about changing colors or adding graphic elements like a muscular guy and gal at either end posing or something of the sort.

If any of you have any thoughts you'd like to share on the subject feel free to toss them out. If anyone comes up with an idea I use lock, stock and barrel, i'll make that person an instant VIP! So get that gray matter fired up!

Thanks in advancee,
Mikey

I have flying monkees and I'm NOT afraid to use them!

Be BOLD enough to imagine. Be BRAVE enough to believe.

Profile Visit website Personal Album  

Post subject: Re: Our Logo...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:54 pm 

BigMikey wrote:
adding graphic elements like a muscular guy and gal at either end posing or something of the sort.

What would be cool is if starting from the left you could have a picture of an out of shape guy who morphs across the logo and at the end on the right would be a picture of the same person in great shape. Then do the same with a girl and repeat. But that would probably require too much bandwidth and may even be aggravating after a while.

KB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:34 pm 
Owner

-KB- wrote:
BigMikey wrote:
adding graphic elements like a muscular guy and gal at either end posing or something of the sort.

What would be cool is if starting from the left you could have a picture of an out of shape guy who morphs across the logo and at the end on the right would be a picture of the same person in great shape. Then do the same with a girl and repeat. But that would probably require too much bandwidth and may even be aggravating after a while.

KB

GREAT Idea though KB! Maybe I'll see if I can come up with something using the principle. Thanks man!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:06 am 

KB's idea is good. Maybe just use different "stages" from separate pics "flattened" into one picture using photoshop. You could still do the left to right thing, but without the "morphing" to speed up loading time and save bandwith. More like a reel or a comic strip of sorts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:19 am 
Global Moderator

Great idea if everyone is prepared to answer all the "how do I get a six pack" questions...

Not that I have any better ideas at this time - ~jus saying~..

I think we need something more powerful, lemme ponder this one...hmmmmm :drink:

The key to a perfect physique is training and training and repeating and repeating. Stop looking for a perfect move, a perfect rep range. You won’t see difference unless you are consistent anyway so stop obsessing, it paralyzes your actions......
~Just Saying~

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:06 am 
VIP

MBB, that might not be a bad thing. it could generate traffic and get more people to sign up.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:26 am 
Owner

Hawk200 wrote:
MBB, that might not be a bad thing. it could generate traffic and get more people to sign up.

Unfortunately unless I spend a buttload on advertising the only way anyone is going to find us is if they do a search for (LITERALLY) thefitnessfocus..... and that just doesnt seem to be one of those common keywords people plug into google, lol. I could always change the board name to "how do I get huge.forums3.com" or "How do I get six pack abs.forums3.com" but how do you put that on a t-shirt? :dunno:

I DO plan on starting another google ad campaign soon but I just dont have the money right now.

Hopefully i'll get some time to work on the logo this weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:31 am 
VIP

BigMikey wrote:
Hawk200 wrote:

Unfortunately unless I spend a buttload on advertising the only way anyone is going to find us is if they do a search for (LITERALLY) thefitnessfocus..... and that just doesnt seem to be one of those common keywords people plug into google, lol. I could always change the board name to "how do I get huge.forums3.com" or "How do I get six pack abs.forums3.com" but how do you put that on a t-shirt? :dunno:

I DO plan on starting another google ad campaign soon but I just dont have the money right now.

i think we all need 2 make donations... and if someone gives me an idea about a logo i can make it happen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:57 am 
Owner

Black7 wrote:
BigMikey wrote:
Hawk200 wrote:

i think we all need 2 make donations... and if someone gives me an idea about a logo i can make it happen

Maybe we can collaborate on the logo and come up with something together?

As for donations.... not unless you all gang up and kick my ass first, lol. :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:29 am 
VIP

BigMikey wrote:
Black7 wrote:
BigMikey wrote:
Hawk200 wrote:

Maybe we can collaborate on the logo and come up with something together?

As for donations.... not unless you all gang up and kick my ass first, lol. :D

No thanks, Mikey. I'm good :D