The Fitness Focus

It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

AuthorMessage
 Post subject: Defying the Drs
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:32 am 
Global Moderator

Well I have been doing what I could at home for about a month or so now. Doing push ups and sits ups, curls and what not. Basically working around my back and what ever is going on with the lungs. So taday I made up my mind and got up at 4:15 and went to the gym at 5. What I am going to try and do is go 3 days a week just to put a little program together for upper body. The alternate days I will do cardio as much as I can. Basically what I am going to do is a sort of push/pull workout.

Today I did stretching and abs before i went to the gym at home.

Workout was as follows

Flat Bench 4/10 95lbs Seated Pulldown 4/10 100lbs
Incline Hammer Bench 2/10 30 lbs 2/10 40lbs Seated Row Nautalis 4/10 50lbs
Seated Flys 2/10 30 2/10 60lbs Hammer Strenght Upright Row 4/30

I know it seems like very low weights but I need to be real careful for awhile. I did not take any breaks with this so it was done in 20 minutes. I then did 10 minutes of cardio and streched. Back was tender but feel good none the less.

This log column has seemed to be more of a im back type of log for us old bastards, IE Mikey, Knight and I lol. SO take some cues from us young bucks lift safe while your young or you will be posting here some day to about all of your come backs

Post subject: Re: Defying the Drs
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:28 am 
VIP

just be careful! you don't need to be crippling yourself.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:10 am 
Global Moderator

Judge wrote:

This log column has seemed to be more of a im back type of log for us old bastards, IE Mikey, Knight and I lol. SO take some cues from us young bucks lift safe while your young or you will be posting here some day to about all of your come backs

(whew!)
I'm just glad I wasn't mentioned...(as being old that is..) :dunno:

:panties:

The key to a perfect physique is training and training and repeating and repeating. Stop looking for a perfect move, a perfect rep range. You won’t see difference unless you are consistent anyway so stop obsessing, it paralyzes your actions......
~Just Saying~

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:10 pm 
VIP

I always try to keep it strict and safe while lifting.... Be careful bro..

Profile Personal Album  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:35 pm 
Global Moderator

Minnesota_BB wrote:
Judge wrote:

(whew!)
I'm just glad I wasn't mentioned...(as being old that is..) :dunno:

:panties:

you look yo good to be old hun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:35 pm 
Global Moderator

Hawk200 wrote:
just be careful! you don't need to be crippling yourself.

Always

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:58 pm 
Owner

I think that looks like a solid step toward a come back if you ask me. At our age, after the abuse we've thrown at ourselves we do what we can as best we can and theres no shame in that. Neither you, me nor Knight are the people we were ten years ago physically .... but mentally and and in terms of knowledge we're far BEYOND who we were.

Look at how much you've had to re-learn just to get back to where you were this morning? Knight as been re-learning almost since he joined. Thats AWESOME! Thats huge! Thats what we, the old dawgs, bring to the table. We bring knowledge, experience and plain old hard earned smarts.

Thats what I love about this place. Its a place where people can reinvent themselves. Shammy, Knight, you, me ... we're all working toward being something more, something new. It makes it all worth it for me.

I have flying monkees and I'm NOT afraid to use them!

Be BOLD enough to imagine. Be BRAVE enough to believe.

Profile Visit website Personal Album  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:34 pm 
VIP

BigMikey wrote:
I think that looks like a solid step toward a come back if you ask me. At our age, after the abuse we've thrown at ourselves we do what we can as best we can and theres no shame in that. Neither you, me nor Knight are the people we were ten years ago physically .... but mentally and and in terms of knowledge we're far BEYOND who we were.

Look at how much you've had to re-learn just to get back to where you were this morning? Knight as been re-learning almost since he joined. Thats AWESOME! Thats huge! Thats what we, the old dawgs, bring to the table. We bring knowledge, experience and plain old hard earned smarts.

Thats what I love about this place. Its a place where people can reinvent themselves. Shammy, Knight, you, me ... we're all working toward being something more, something new. It makes it all worth it for me.

Well, i really appreciate and am so glad to have the knowledge and advice i have obtained and will continue to obtain in this forum... And the motivation is a little something extra

Profile Personal Album  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:29 am 
Global Moderator

I could not agree with you more Mikey. We are definitly a good board for the young guys to learn from. What we have done and accomplished in life and in the gym we can share. This board not only caters to the fitness and helth of our members. But we can also give a little guidance on life here and there. The three of us have been down some good and some rocky roads and its good to share that with you young crowd. I personnaly do not want to see members make the mistakes I made but to prosper from our advice and guidance.

Let the old guys Rule lol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:29 am 
Global Moderator

Well hit 30 minutes of cardio this am, back was tender but mamaged to get abs in. Eating a healthy breakfast and looking forward to a nice rainy day