The Fitness Focus

It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ] Go to page  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
 Post subject: Re: Hawk
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:37 am 

Hawk200 wrote:
Picking this back up.

for a while i went back to strictly lifting heavy but i'm paying for it now. trying to be strong and then running with Firefighter gear is counter productive. SO, i am now doing 10 x 10's for one body part per day and then HIIT training for 15 minutes.

What i plan on doing is adding another minute or so to the HIIT every other workout until i get it up to 30 minutes. I hate cardio like no tomorrow but I hate sucking wind in full FF gear even more.

I have been on this routine for about 3 weeks now. My bf went down 2% and lean muscle mass went up 3 lbs. I know the lean mass won't be going up too much more but as long as the bf comes down and my cardio fitness improves then I will be very happy.

I have to give you a lot of credit for being able to withstand that training you are doing for the fire dept. I have known many who have not made it through. You are doing great! Great job on the bf% drop. That is awesome! Glad to see you back on the board. Miss you around here! :kiss:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:28 am 
VIP

Thank you DP! It is tough but it will be worth all the effort.

so, I saw my trainer again last night. BF went down another 3.1% and i gained 5lbs of lean body mass. I have been doing my cardio which is certainly helping. My target for the next two weeks is another 3%bf gone. If i stay on target my goals will be met by december!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:11 am 
Global Moderator

Hawk200 wrote:
Thank you DP! It is tough but it will be worth all the effort.

so, I saw my trainer again last night. BF went down another 3.1% and i gained 5lbs of lean body mass. I have been doing my cardio which is certainly helping. My target for the next two weeks is another 3%bf gone. If i stay on target my goals will be met by december!

you wanna lose 3% bf in two weeks??? jebus that seems almost impossible.....unless you are 270 lbs and fat, than its possible....just sayin..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:28 am 
VIP

hey, i just dropped 3.1% in the past two weeks. My trainer couldn't believe it either. i am 193lbs now and 22% bf. i can't believe i let myself get that big but i did. I still wear a 32 pant waist and can see some of my abs. not too bad overall but still depressing. I know the bf loss is going to slow down and won't drop that fast but its still a goal i'm setting for myself.

Still eating 5 to 6 times a day consistently and drinking a ton of water.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:31 am 
Owner

Hawk200 wrote:
hey, i just dropped 3.1% in the past two weeks. My trainer couldn't believe it either. i am 193lbs now and 22% bf. i can't believe i let myself get that big but i did. I still wear a 32 pant waist and can see some of my abs. not too bad overall but still depressing. I know the bf loss is going to slow down and won't drop that fast but its still a goal i'm setting for myself.

a 32 inch waist... thanks for taking me back to 8th grade... :fuming:

Seriously though you are totally killin it man! If you keep this up you're not only gonna look awesome but feel remarkable! This could prove to be exactly what you needed man! Good for you!!

I have flying monkees and I'm NOT afraid to use them!

Be BOLD enough to imagine. Be BRAVE enough to believe.

Profile Visit website Personal Album  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:42 am 
Global Moderator

Hawk200 wrote:
i am 193lbs now and 22% bf. i can't believe i let myself get that big but i did. I still wear a 32 pant waist and can see some of my abs.

you can see abs at 22% bf??? dayum! those are some buldging abs!! haha im not hating just kinda rare that you could see any abs at 22% bf !

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:20 pm 
VIP

Blk99Xtreme wrote:
Hawk200 wrote:
i am 193lbs now and 22% bf. i can't believe i let myself get that big but i did. I still wear a 32 pant waist and can see some of my abs.

you can see abs at 22% bf??? dayum! those are some buldging abs!! haha im not hating just kinda rare that you could see any abs at 22% bf !

no kidding! i was surprised as hell too when i found out how much bf i was carrying. I really gotta take some pics but i'm so bad at keeping pic logs.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:23 pm 
VIP

BigMikey wrote:
Hawk200 wrote:

Seriously though you are totally killin it man! If you keep this up you're not only gonna look awesome but feel remarkable! This could prove to be exactly what you needed man! Good for you!!

Thanks bro. i'm already feeling better but i need more! once i get back down to 10 or 11% bf then i will be very happy. yeah, 32 inch waist. i can get down to a 28 but then i need a whole new wardrobe.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:45 pm 
Owner

Hawk200 wrote:
BigMikey wrote:
Hawk200 wrote:

Thanks bro. i'm already feeling better but i need more! once i get back down to 10 or 11% bf then i will be very happy. yeah, 32 inch waist. i can get down to a 28 but then i need a whole new wardrobe.

Brother, a new wardrobe is the REWARD for that 28 inch waist. We've talked about how cheap I am, but if I could get myself down to like a 32 again I'd friggin take out a personal line of credit if I had to to buy new clothes, lol!! Although, you get down to THAT and you might find the wife eyeballin ya like a hungry puma... jus sayin....

I have flying monkees and I'm NOT afraid to use them!

Be BOLD enough to imagine. Be BRAVE enough to believe.

Profile Visit website Personal Album  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:06 am 
VIP

BigMikey wrote:
Hawk200 wrote:
BigMikey wrote:
Hawk200 wrote:

Brother, a new wardrobe is the REWARD for that 28 inch waist. We've talked about how cheap I am, but if I could get myself down to like a 32 again I'd friggin take out a personal line of credit if I had to to buy new clothes, lol!! Although, you get down to THAT and you might find the wife eyeballin ya like a hungry puma... jus sayin....

:D When i get down to a 30" waist i will keep it there. Some pants will have to be replaced but not all. Since i have a baby now i can't go spending money on myself! that kid is growing so quick i have to buy him all new clothes now. He is just about 5 months old and is just about out of his 9 month clothes.

The wife better start eyballin me. we are going to try for another kid soon! I guess this is another positive to losing the bf!

Oh, and by the time the 100 day challenge is over with you might be a 32!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ] Go to page  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next