The Fitness Focus

It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

AuthorMessage
 Post subject: Hawk
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:13 am 
VIP

With the new position i got at work i am in a different building. This one has a gym in it! so now i will be going on my lunch break. Another thing is the gym is located on the same floor as where i sit! This will make it so much easier to work out and then get home to take care of my boy.

I am seeing my trainer again in two weeks. he adjusted my routine so I do more conditioning to get me ready for the fire training school. I don't know what i'm in for so I want to be ready for whatever comes.

This is going to be a different training style for me. I am going to ATTEMPT a boot camp class next tuesday morning. There are two of them during the week at 6:00AM. so, wish me luck.

Post subject: Re: Hawk
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:33 am 
Owner

Wow, talk about good fortune! New gig and new access to a workout facility! Good stuff man! As for the boot camp class.... good luck and godbless. If I dont hear from you by 7 am I'll notify medical personnel :D

I have flying monkees and I'm NOT afraid to use them!

Be BOLD enough to imagine. Be BRAVE enough to believe.

Profile Visit website Personal Album  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:33 am 
VIP

BigMikey wrote:
Wow, talk about good fortune! New gig and new access to a workout facility! Good stuff man! As for the boot camp class.... good luck and godbless. If I dont hear from you by 7 am I'll notify medical personnel :D

Thanks for covering me bro. I will probably need it :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:26 am 
VIP

Week one:

Back into it. I busted arms last week to the point where it hurt to lift them. Probably a little overkill but i paid for it. Biceps still hurt and it's been 5 days. Not as bad but still...

I started running as well. I actually did a mile last thursday and i gotta be honest....i hated it. but i will still do it each day as a warmup to the weights. I know it's beena long time since i've run because it felt like i was coughing up phlem from my lungs after the run! i will clear those bitches out at some point.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:24 am 
Global Moderator

Hawk200 wrote:
i will clear those bitches out at some point.

Ha - I know exactly what you're talking about.... :puke:

The key to a perfect physique is training and training and repeating and repeating. Stop looking for a perfect move, a perfect rep range. You won’t see difference unless you are consistent anyway so stop obsessing, it paralyzes your actions......
~Just Saying~

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:36 pm 
Owner

LMAO, phlegm.... eeewwwwww.... but I know what ya mean. Seems like the older I get the longer that crap hangs around. They have a small gym-ette here at work but I honestly think if half of me got in there no one else could fit, lol.

I have flying monkees and I'm NOT afraid to use them!

Be BOLD enough to imagine. Be BRAVE enough to believe.

Profile Visit website Personal Album  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:54 am 
VIP

workouts are going great and lung capacity is larger. I feel better overall and am losing bf%. sore all over with the routine i'm doing but this is the price i pay for taking almost 3 months off.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:08 pm 

How are you liking the boot camp classes? What are you guys doing in there? and congrats on the bf% loss! :jump:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:51 pm 

Glad to hear it's working for ya sweets!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:31 am 
VIP

Picking this back up.

for a while i went back to strictly lifting heavy but i'm paying for it now. trying to be strong and then running with Firefighter gear is counter productive. SO, i am now doing 10 x 10's for one body part per day and then HIIT training for 15 minutes.

What i plan on doing is adding another minute or so to the HIIT every other workout until i get it up to 30 minutes. I hate cardio like no tomorrow but I hate sucking wind in full FF gear even more.

I have been on this routine for about 3 weeks now. My bf went down 2% and lean muscle mass went up 3 lbs. I know the lean mass won't be going up too much more but as long as the bf comes down and my cardio fitness improves then I will be very happy.