The Fitness Focus

It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 590 posts ] Go to page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 59  Next
AuthorMessage
 Post subject: Knights New Focus
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:14 pm 
VIP

06/05/09

Figured I may as well start off with legs. I was going to do a total body routine for a few weeks to wake up my sleeping body but decided against it on my way to the gym. Warm up was biking to the gym and cool down was biking home from the gym. Reps were slow and controlled with no rest between sets. Keeping intensity very low here coming out of the gate. This is the beginning of a new marathon not a sprint.

Single Leg Extensions
50x17 50x13 45x12 Both Legs 80x10

Nautilus Single Leg Presses – upright position knees into chest
160x20 160x20 Both Legs 300x21 300x20

Single Leg Curls
45x18 45x12 Both Legs 65x15

Calve Raises on the Leg Press
200x25 200x18 200x16

Sit Squats to the bench with body weight only
20 & 20

Needless to say strength and endurance are way down. Even stopping well short of failure on every exercise was quickly taking it out of me. This doesn’t concern me a bit as I have been down this road many times after layoffs. My legs will come around very quickly and the trick for me will be to keep the intensity at a moderate level for my new plan of attack. Squat rack didn’t even recognize me and I didn’t bother giving her a second look today. I will squat again, but not today. Avoiding stiff legged dead lifts will be very difficult but my wrist just can’t handle that anymore.

Post subject: Re: Knights New Focus
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:44 pm 
Owner

What I always love about your logs is the glimpse into your incredibly postiive attitude my friend! How'd those sit-squats feel after all that? :D

I have flying monkees and I'm NOT afraid to use them!

Be BOLD enough to imagine. Be BRAVE enough to believe.

Profile Visit website Personal Album  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:34 pm 
VIP

You are kidding...right? I have to be the most negative person on the planet! Sit Squats were embarrassing! :mrgreen: Simply because I actually HAD to quit at 20 because I was getting a tad light headed! :o This old body went to sleep onme sometime in the last month and a half but it will wake up soon enough. I know my strength and endurance will return very quickly, it hasn't been that long. I could see doing sit squats with a couple of dumbbells. Another excellent tip from The Master! :idea:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:49 pm 
Owner

knight55387 wrote:
You are kidding...right? I have to be the most negative person on the planet! Sit Squats were embarrassing! :mrgreen: Simply because I actually HAD to quit at 20 because I was getting a tad light headed! :o This old body went to sleep onme sometime in the last month and a half but it will wake up soon enough. I know my strength and endurance will return very quickly, it hasn't been that long. I could see doing sit squats with a couple of dumbbells. Another excellent tip from The Master! :idea:

LOL! It cracks me up how similar we are. I often feel I'm the single most negative person I know, cause I know all the shit that goes on in my head. Others always tell me how refreshingly positive I am and it takes everything I have not to bust out laughing, lol.

I LOVE sit squats but I'd forgotten about them until recently. I want to get a 40 pound vest to do them with! I think that would be PERFECT! I'll let you know how they go.

I have flying monkees and I'm NOT afraid to use them!

Be BOLD enough to imagine. Be BRAVE enough to believe.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:42 pm 
VIP

06/06/09

Day Two! Legs are a little sore but not crippling. Chest and back are my biggest challenge due to my wrist and shoulder problems so I decided to do some very light chest to see how much my left shoulder has improved with 6 weeks of rest. Nothing hard core, very conservative but with no more than 1 minute between very careful and controlled sets!

Nautilus Freedom Trainer Press

110x25 125x25 140x20

Nautilus Freedom Trainer Cross Over’s
Straight on 95x10 lower cable 80x12 lower cable 65x10

Push Ups

15, 12, 10 Yikes! It takes BIG BALLS to post that!

I feel OK but I don’t want to push it (the shoulder) so I moved on to Triceps

Nautilus Freedom Trainer Tricep Press – Single Arm
65x18 65x14 65x10

Cable Push Downs
120x10 110x10 100x10

Triceps were smoked before I started so I’m shutting down. Decided to go back to chest and try a few light Incline dumbbell presses.

Incline Dumbbell Bench
40x10 – Left shoulder started hurt so I just quit while ahead and went home.

Strength and endurance are way down but I am not alarmed. It’s a bit worse than I thought it would be for only being off 6 weeks but I know it will come back very quickly with moderate consistency. The fact that I felt discomfort in my shoulder with so little intensity is alarming but not surprising. I knew the problem was still there before I ever started. I will say that I still look much stronger than I actually am.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:57 am 

Good to see you back in the game, Al :)

www.physicalfitnet.com/amy4training

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:15 pm 
VIP

Yeah but.......

I'm so flipping sore today I can hardly walk. Oh how the mighty have fallen! I'm starving to death and ate WAY TOO MUCH after church this morning. And then I went back to bed for 3 1/2 hours! I'm not training today. I've only been there twice and it has really had an effect on how I feel. I can't even make myself pick up a guitar.

6 weeks off at almost 50 is like 6 months off at 25. This sucks. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:18 pm 
VIP

06/08/09

Extremely careful and very light back, biceps and forearms. Slow, extra controlled reps with little to no rest between sets.

Nautilus Pull downs
100x20 115x20 140x10

Nautilus Row
85x20 115x15 130x12

Dumbbell Rows
35x15 35x12

Biceps

Low Pulley Cable/Cuff Single Arm Curls
40x15 40x13 30x15

High Pulley Cable/Cuff Single Arm Curls
30x12 30x15

Concentration Curls
20x6 15x8

Wrist Curls Palms Up
15x25 15x25

Nautilus Lower Back Extensions
80x20 100x20

I’m not sure if this is going to work. I’m not using any weight and I can already feel irritation in both my left shoulder and my left wrist. Any form of resistance training may be gone forever for me. I’ll take it day by day for awhile and see what happens, but it looks like another cycle of doctor appointments is in my future.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:11 pm 

:(

www.physicalfitnet.com/amy4training

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:26 pm 
VIP

I traded messages with a doctor in Apple Valley today. He claims he'll get me back on my game without any surgeries. Check out arpwave.com and let me know what you think.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 590 posts ] Go to page  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 59  Next