The Fitness Focus

It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ] Go to page  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
 Post subject: Re: Mikey's OFFICIAL 100 day challenge log!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:43 pm 
Owner

I"m still kinda sore today so I"m going to try to repeat what I did last time in terms of exercises but we'll see how it goes. Now that I have my new sporty PC in the basement I can log my workouts as I go! YAY! Talk about up to the minute reporting! :irule:

Flat bench: 135 x 16, 185 x 12, 225 x 10, 275 x 3... got stuck under 4. This is why I hate lifting alone. f*ck my chest hurts now... that sucks. Went for 1 more set of 225 and got 3. From now on I ONLY bench in my smith rack.
Incline DB flies: 45 x 9 (chest felt ok after about 4), 50 x I dont know cause my dog was standing on my lap so I lost count... I need to join a fuckin gym, 60 x 6

Lat pull downs: 120 x 11, 140 x 8, 140 x 6
Seated low pulley rows: 120 x 13, 140 x 11, 160 x 9

SS Seated lateral raises/db curls

20 pounds: curls left arm only) 13, Lateral raises (both arms) 11
25 pounds: curls (both arms) 12, laterals 9
30 pounds: curls 8, laterals 6

thats it for today folks. I"m spent. Squirreling out from under 275 pounds takes more out of you than you'd think, lol...

I have flying monkees and I'm NOT afraid to use them!

Be BOLD enough to imagine. Be BRAVE enough to believe.

Profile Visit website Personal Album  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:51 pm 
VIP

Thanks for the smile....I needed that.

Funny funny stuff!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:20 am 
VIP

LOL! at least you didn't get stuck under it for long.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:38 am 

BigMikey wrote:
Incline DB flies: 45 x 9 (chest felt ok after about 4), 50 x I dont know cause my dog was standing on my lap so I lost count... I need to join a fuckin gym, 60 x 6

:funny: Thats whats it like at my house!!! Try doing pushups with 3 dogs licking your face!!!!

Good job busting it out mikey!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:14 am 
Owner

Last night I hit both classes hard. I was literally drenched with sweat for nearly two hours. GOD it felt GREAT! I think I may actually stand a decent chance of placing top three at the tourny this weekend, which would be quite a feat seeing has how I haven't competed in 26 years and only had a week essentially to learn my form. I'm VERY tempted to try and weasle my way into the breaking portion of the competition but I just don't know how rusty my breaking techniques are.... I have until tonight to decide.

Tonight is my next lifting night. I didn't really get much off of my last lifting session other than a sore rib cage. Here's hoping tonight goes a little better!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:24 pm 

BigMikey wrote:
Last night I hit both classes hard. I was literally drenched with sweat for nearly two hours. GOD it felt GREAT! I think I may actually stand a decent chance of placing top three at the tourny this weekend, which would be quite a feat seeing has how I haven't competed in 26 years and only had a week essentially to learn my form. I'm VERY tempted to try and weasle my way into the breaking portion of the competition but I just don't know how rusty my breaking techniques are.... I have until tonight to decide.

Tonight is my next lifting night. I didn't really get much off of my last lifting session other than a sore rib cage. Here's hoping tonight goes a little better!
Becareful this time! Remember Im not there to lift the 3,000lbs off your chest :) :flex: :pumpin:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:01 pm 
Owner

Tonight I made things simple. I just blasted out chest, triceps and some medial delts. I didn't take the time to log as I went so, unfortunately I dont remember every set or rep but the basic jist was:

Flat bench IN THE SMITH RACK: 135, 185, 225, 275, 225
Cable crosses: 45, 50, 55, 60 lbs
Dips: 3 sets to failure ~ 8 reps

Tricep pushdowns: 70, 80, 90, 70 lbs

Lateral raises: 20, 25, 30, 35, 25 lbs

I did NOT want to do this but I managed to force myself thinking its another day down.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:31 am 

When i feel like i don't want to work out I just go over to the gym with the intension of walking on the treadmill and watching tv. but it never happens, once you put yourself in the right environment its easier to make the right choices on what you need to do... imo...
way to push thru your workout. I know you are training pretty hard so KEEP IT UP!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:58 am 
Owner

So my 100 day challenge took on a slightly different turn this past week as I was preparing for my first MA tourney in 26 years (or there abouts). I spent quite a lot of time practicing my form, stretching, etc and ended up missing a lifting workout but still rocked a sweat every single night. Yesterday, Tourney day, I got there at 7 am to help set up and became the designated "heavy stuff lifter" so I got one hell of a workout dragging matts from the U-haul in to the gym 8 or 9 at a time. After the tourney itself I had to haul them all into the truck and then take them back out again once we got back to the school. By 7:00 last night I was thoroughly exausted. Today I'm actually rather sore in the traps and biceps believe it or not.

For those that are interested I took 1st place in my forms division and made it through the first phase of competition for Tourney Grand Champ/forms... not a bad showing for an old guy, eh? :)

This week is all about lifting. I am determined to get big again because my next tourney I'm going to spar as well as do forms and regardless of what some might say, size intimidates, lol! :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:40 pm 
Owner

Chest, triceps and medial delts today.

Bench didnt start off very well as I felt pretty weak. I got 4 sets but just couldnt put up the weight I"d like to see. 135, 185, 225, 245

Incline dumbells: 45 x 14, 50 x 11, 60 x 8

Cable crosses: 3 sets

2 sets dips to failure

Tricep pushdowns: 90, 80, 70, 60 lbs

Seated lateral db raises. 20, 25, 30, 35, 25 lbs

All reps are between 6-12.... My tired ass is goin upstairs and lying under the faucet....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ] Go to page  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next