The Fitness Focus

It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

AuthorMessage
 Post subject: Zombieland
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:50 am 
VIP

A must see...I loved it... Woody is awesome... the casting was perfect... Woody's (tallahassee in the movie) sidekick was a nerdly little guy but smart and managed to survive the zombie attacks with intelligence and whit..Some of the scenes in the movie make you think... "man how do the afford to tear up so much shit"

The movie was funny and also surprisingly action packed.... The plot takes a few twists and sometimes takes a dabble off the actual story line but its worth it... its just silly and funny.... My girlfriend whom I thought was going to hate it because she hates the "stupid" comedy's loved the movie...So if you dont like the silly comedy's its still worth watching at least on DVD... I will certianly buy the dvd and may actually go back to the theater to watch it....

Only thing I hated about it... there could of been more zombie killing.... Otherwise I was LMAO the entire time....

PS at the start of the movie it shows slow motion footage of zombie chases and its playing metallica for whom the bell tolls.... f*cking awesome!!!

And remember Rule #1 of zombie land is cardio...watch it and you will understand...

Below is the wikipedia write up: Warning... some parts of the PLOT below are kind of spoilers... read below only if you want...

Zombieland is an American zombie comedy horror film, written by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick and directed by Ruben Fleischer. The film stars Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone, and Abigail Breslin as survivors of a zombie apocalypse. Distributed by Columbia Pictures, Zombieland was released on October 2, 2009 in the USA and Canada.[1] The film is rated R for horror violence/gore and language.

Plot

The film takes place within a post-apocalyptic context, beginning with narration from Columbus (Jesse Eisenberg), a college student from Austin, Texas, who is on his way to Columbus to see if his parents are alright. He begins by explaining his "rules" for surviving the zombie apocalypse, which is a recurring motif in the film. After surviving a few zombie attacks, he encounters Tallahassee (Woody Harrelson), whose life goal is to find the remaining Twinkies on Earth. To avoid attachment, Tallahassee insists that no real names be used so they instead go by their intended destinations: Columbus and Tallahassee, as that's where they're each heading[3].

As Columbus and Tallahassee search a grocery store for Twinkies, they meet two girls, Wichita (Emma Stone) and Little Rock (Abigail Breslin). Through a con, the girls get their weapons and car, but the men find a Humvee loaded with weapons and head out to find the girls. Later, the girls use their own weapons to get the Humvee after their stolen car breaks down. After a small fight, Columbus convinces them that it's better to stick together.

Wichita informs Columbus that Columbus, Ohio is destroyed and completely overrun by zombies. Columbus is upset and is given a chance to find his own way, but falling for Witchita, he decides to stay. They decide to drive towards Pacific Playland, an amusement park that is supposedly zombie-free. On the way, they go to Hollywood, and decide to sleep at the house of Bill Murray. They meet Murray, who at first seems to be zombified, but it's just make-up so that he can fit in with the zombies and play golf. Murray decides to scare Columbus and Little Rock, but Columbus doesn't know it's a joke and shoots Murray, killing him.

Tallahassee reveals he had a son that died (Columbus was originally told by Tallahassee that he lost his puppy to the zombies) and Columbus and Wichita start to fall in love which scares her. The girls leave for Pacific Playland (with Wichita and Little Rock trying to convince themselves that they should stick to their original plan of trusting each other and no one else). However, Columbus decides to go after Wichita, and Tallahassee joins him using one of Bill Murray's cars.

When the girls arrive at Pacific Playland, they turn on all the rides and lights, unintentionally attracting all the nearby zombies. A huge battle ensues, and as the girls are about to run out of ammo, Tallahassee and Columbus arrive and join the battle while the girls are trapped on a ride. Tallahassee manages to kill some of the zombies, then intentionally locks himself in a game booth while Columbus tries to save the girls. Columbus runs out of ammo and faces a clown (his biggest fear), but he kills it with a giant mallet and saves the girls while Tallahassee, using the advantage of being in an enclosed space the zombies can't get into, takes out the rest single-handedly.

After all the zombies in the area are dead, Columbus and Tallahassee investigate a fast food booth for Twinkies, but shoot at a door they thought might have a zombie behind it. It turns out to be just a rat, but Columbus' shot has destroyed the box of Twinkies behind the door in the room. However, Little Rock finds a Twinkie and gives it to Tallahassee, making Columbus realize that this is the only family he needs.[4] Columbus and Witchita (who reveals her real name is Krista) kiss and the four leave Pacific Playland together, but not before the girls pretend to abandon them again as a joke and Tallahasee kills one final zombie with the car door.
Columbus' Rules

A running gag, and a central plot theme throughout the movie is Columbus' list of rules for surviving in the zombie-infested world. By the end of the movie, his list has thirty-two rules though only some of them are mentioned. A series of non-canonical promotional videos starring Woody Harrelson and Jesse Eisenberg have expanded on the list.

These are awesome!!!!!
01. Cardio
02. Beware of bathrooms.
03. Seatbelts
04. Double tap
17. Don't be a hero
18. Limber up
22. Plan your escape
31. Check the back seat
32. Enjoy the little things

Cast

* Woody Harrelson as Tallahassee
* Jesse Eisenberg as Columbus
* Emma Stone as Wichita
* Abigail Breslin as Little Rock
* Amber Heard as 406
* Mike White as Gas Station Owner
* Bill Murray makes a cameo appearance as himself.[5]

Production

Filming began February 2009 in Valdosta, Georgia with scenes being shot at Wild Adventures Water & Theme Park and other locations.[6] Filming continued in March in Atlanta, Hapeville, Morrow,[7] Decatur,[8] Newnan and Powder Springs, Georgia, where actress Abigail Breslin celebrated her 13th birthday by adopting a shelter puppy.[9]

Harrelson personally chose the wardrobe for his character, Tallahassee. "I never worked so long and hard on an outfit in my life," Harrelson recalls. "What this guy wears is who he is. You want to get a sense of this guy as soon as you see him. So I pick out the necklaces, the sunglasses. But the hat? The minute you see that on Tallahassee, you buy him. He's real. And he's got a real cool hat."[10]

The zombies in Zombieland have been described by the casting director as:

Ferocious, infected people that move erratically. They are diseased, as opposed to undead. These are not the lumbering walking dead of Romero’s zombie movies, but instead the super jacked up 28 Days Later/Dawn of the Dead zombies. They are scary and gnarly and gross.[11]

Shortly after finishing the filming of Zombieland, Woody Harrelson had an altercation with a TMZ photographer at New York City's La Guardia Airport. His defense was that he was still in character and thought the cameraman was a zombie.[12]
Reception

The film has received generally favorable reviews from critics, with an 89% approval rating from Rotten Tomatoes. The site's general consensus summarizes the film as "[w]ickedly funny and featuring plenty of gore" and that it "is proof that the zombie subgenre is far from dead".[13] Roger Ebert gave the film 3 out of 4 stars.[14]

Post subject: Re: Zombieland
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:30 am 
Owner

CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE THIS!!!!

I have flying monkees and I'm NOT afraid to use them!

Be BOLD enough to imagine. Be BRAVE enough to believe.

Profile Visit website Personal Album  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:41 am 
VIP

BigMikey wrote:
CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE THIS!!!!

I LOVED IT...

HERE IS A VID.. THEY MAY NOT BE UP LONG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJedHtu4Nh4

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:31 am 
VIP

I am certainly going to get this on dvd. i heard great things about it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:19 pm 
VIP

Hawk200 wrote:

im going back 2 see it i decided

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:12 pm 
VIP

Black7 wrote:
Hawk200 wrote:

im going back 2 see it i decided

I sooooo wanna see this...

Profile Personal Album  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:57 pm 

Just watched this movie this weekend! I am going to own it!!!!! Loved it! i give it 4 out of 5 boobie bounces :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:58 pm 
Owner

I gotta say it wasnt the rip-roarin thrill ride I thought it was going to be but it was a solid chuckle-fest! I'd buy it if i had a few extra bucks.

I have flying monkees and I'm NOT afraid to use them!

Be BOLD enough to imagine. Be BRAVE enough to believe.

Profile Visit website Personal Album  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:05 pm 

Saw it saturday! LOVED IT! Give me a damn Twinkie now!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:09 pm 

DolphinsPeace777 wrote:
Saw it saturday! LOVED IT! Give me a damn Twinkie now!

:funny: It did make me kinda want a twinkie! i havent had one of those in ages!!!!