The Fitness Focus

It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

AuthorMessage
 Post subject: First weekend of FireFighter training
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:26 am 
VIP

WOW! I am friggen BEAT! Marines, my hat comes off to you. this is only the first weekend and we had our asses whooped! not to mention wearing gear and doing drills in 92 degree weather. We had one guy carried out in the ambulance and 1 guy quit. We started as a class of 48....now 47. Apparently there is usually a 50% dropout rate for each class or more. I know we are going to lose more by the next class. this is sick stuff!

so, my next class is in two weeks. I am working on conditioning every day! i was sucking wind so bad after the last drill. not easy to move around in full fire gear and air packs.

Post subject: Re: First weekend of FireFighter training
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:12 am 

Hawk200 wrote:
WOW! I am friggen BEAT! Marines, my hat comes off to you. this is only the first weekend and we had our asses whooped! not to mention wearing gear and doing drills in 92 degree weather. We had one guy carried out in the ambulance and 1 guy quit. We started as a class of 48....now 47. Apparently there is usually a 50% dropout rate for each class or more. I know we are going to lose more by the next class. this is sick stuff!

so, my next class is in two weeks. I am working on conditioning every day! i was sucking wind so bad after the last drill. not easy to move around in full fire gear and air packs.

I hear it is brutal. Hats off to you Hawk for sticking with it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm 
Owner

Hawk200 wrote:

Thats really impressive stuff man! You're getting a pretty good taste of what its like to do a military school like air assault. Running around in heavy equipment in the blazing sun is stuff you really cant appreciate until your forced to do it. BEST of luck, hawk!!

I have flying monkees and I'm NOT afraid to use them!

Be BOLD enough to imagine. Be BRAVE enough to believe.

Profile Visit website Personal Album  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:40 pm 
VIP

Glad your enjoying yourself! :funny:

Seriously, it sounds like a blast in a sick sort of way. :bow:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:26 am 
VIP

It's tough for sure and stressful but I will see it through. I changed my workouts to be more cardio based and a lot more reps for the weights. so far i've been doing 10 x 10's and 15 min of HIIT. getting the heart rate up quite a bit. I should be down quite a few lbs by the time my Fire Training is finished.

thanks for the encouragement!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:43 am 

Hawk200 wrote:
It's tough for sure and stressful but I will see it through. I changed my workouts to be more cardio based and a lot more reps for the weights. so far i've been doing 10 x 10's and 15 min of HIIT. getting the heart rate up quite a bit. I should be down quite a few lbs by the time my Fire Training is finished.

YOU ROCK HAWK!!! *metal* SHOW ALL OF THOSE WANNA BE FIRE FIGHTERS HOW ITS SUPPOSE TO BE DONE. :flex: YOU ARE THE REAL DEAL! :rockon:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:02 am 
VIP

DolphinsPeace777 wrote:
Hawk200 wrote:

YOU ROCK HAWK!!! *metal* SHOW ALL OF THOSE WANNA BE FIRE FIGHTERS HOW ITS SUPPOSE TO BE DONE. :flex: YOU ARE THE REAL DEAL! :rockon:

You.......ARE AWESOME! :bite:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:27 am 
VIP

we are now down 5 trainees at Firefighter school. so, that makes it 43 left. I am expecting at least one or two more for the next session.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:35 am 

Holy Cow! You RAWK for hanging in there! And remember if you don't you will forever be mikey's biotch, that should be some encouragement :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:01 am 
Global Moderator

Great work!! And I am pulling for ya to get this.... :jump:

The key to a perfect physique is training and training and repeating and repeating. Stop looking for a perfect move, a perfect rep range. You won’t see difference unless you are consistent anyway so stop obsessing, it paralyzes your actions......
~Just Saying~