The Fitness Focus

It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

AuthorMessage
 Post subject: I pulled a muscle in my neck BAD
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:56 am 
Global Moderator

so last Wednesday i go and hit some balls at the driving range getting ready for the work golf outing. I get a BIG bucket of balls (75 balls) and on the 5th ball in, pull something in my neck to the point where i can barely even turn my head. So needless to say the next 70 balls were hell and i wasnt about to waste them.....i didnt take my eyes off the ball tho! thats for sure! haha i kept my head down!

so i finish up and go home and ice it and then heat for the next hour. So after the golf outing on friday its feeling ok and pretty much not hurting on sat. So sunday after work (last night) i decide to do a nice shoulder/chest/tricep workout....and i dont even remember what excercise i was doing but pulled something in the right side of my neck again but this time worse..... i cannot even lay down or sit still without extreme pain, it is burning like a mother f***er right now.......... so i am all discouraged about that and since i blew the past few days of workouts cuz i got drunk, i feel like a piece of shit right now.

Post subject: Re: I pulled a muscle in my neck BAD
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:58 am 
Owner

Blk99Xtreme wrote:
so last Wednesday i go and hit some balls at the driving range getting ready for the work golf outing. I get a BIG bucket of balls (75 balls) and on the 5th ball in, pull something in my neck to the point where i can barely even turn my head. So needless to say the next 70 balls were hell and i wasnt about to waste them.....i didnt take my eyes off the ball tho! thats for sure! haha i kept my head down!

so i finish up and go home and ice it and then heat for the next hour. So after the golf outing on friday its feeling ok and pretty much not hurting on sat. So sunday after work (last night) i decide to do a nice shoulder/chest/tricep workout....and i dont even remember what excercise i was doing but pulled something in the right side of my neck again but this time worse..... i cannot even lay down or sit still without extreme pain, it is burning like a mother f***er right now.......... so i am all discouraged about that and since i blew the past few days of workouts cuz i got drunk, i feel like a piece of shit right now.

Good. Hate that feeling with all you have and never let yourself feel that way again. You made some bad choices, we all do it, Lord knows I'm the KING of bad choices. Tastes awful, feels worse. Remember how bad you feel right now and use that to help you avoid feeling this way ever again. You know you can do it. You know you're strong enough. Just make the decision and stick to it the same way you stick to a hard workout. You have the discipline, you simply have to employ it brother. I know you can.

I have flying monkees and I'm NOT afraid to use them!

Be BOLD enough to imagine. Be BRAVE enough to believe.

Profile Visit website Personal Album  

Post subject: Re: I pulled a muscle in my neck BAD
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:26 am 
Global Moderator

haha "Good, hate that feeling!" I love you mikey! lol thanks man