The Fitness Focus

It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] Go to page  1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
 Post subject: Lime and Basil Tilapia
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:45 pm 
Offline
VIP
User avatar

Joined: 06.2009
Posts: 1433
Location: Inside the cookis Jar..
Gender: Male
Ingredients:

4 tilapia fillets (about 1 pound)
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons lime juice
zest of 2 limes
1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
2 teaspoons bourbon
1 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients except for the tilapia fillets in a resealable plastic bag. Turn to mix and add tilapia fillets. Seal and refrigerator for 30 minutes. Preheat grill. Pour marinade into a saucepan. Bring marinade to a low boil and remove from heat. Grill tilapia fillets for about 3 minutes per side over a high heat. When fish has been fully cooked remove from grill and serve with the marinade drizzled over the tilapia ... :yippee: :yippee:

_________________
People always trade in something they WANT, for something they want right NOW, and then complain when they don't get results....


Top
 Profile Personal Album  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lime and Basil Tilapia
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:22 pm 
Offline
SR. Member
User avatar

Joined: 06.2009
Posts: 396
Gender: Female
Shamrock wrote:
Ingredients:

4 tilapia fillets (about 1 pound)
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons lime juice
zest of 2 limes
1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
2 teaspoons bourbon
1 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients except for the tilapia fillets in a resealable plastic bag. Turn to mix and add tilapia fillets. Seal and refrigerator for 30 minutes. Preheat grill. Pour marinade into a saucepan. Bring marinade to a low boil and remove from heat. Grill tilapia fillets for about 3 minutes per side over a high heat. When fish has been fully cooked remove from grill and serve with the marinade drizzled over the tilapia ... :yippee: :yippee:


This sounds really good! I like tilapia so may have to try it!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lime and Basil Tilapia
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:23 pm 
Offline
VIP
User avatar

Joined: 06.2009
Posts: 1433
Location: Inside the cookis Jar..
Gender: Male
It is delicious..

_________________
People always trade in something they WANT, for something they want right NOW, and then complain when they don't get results....


Top
 Profile Personal Album  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lime and Basil Tilapia
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:48 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: 03.2010
Posts: 1
Gender: None specified
sounds great bro


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lime and Basil Tilapia
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:22 am 
Offline
VIP
User avatar

Joined: 06.2009
Posts: 1279
Location: Smashing Faces
Gender: Male
This is great for a chicken marinade too. I added chopped lemon grass and fish sauce to give it the asian taste to it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lime and Basil Tilapia
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:52 am 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 06.2009
Posts: 1614
Location: in Mikey's sticky pocket!!!
Gender: Female
1/4 c olive oil?

:drop:

_________________
The key to a perfect physique is training and training and repeating and repeating. Stop looking for a perfect move, a perfect rep range. You won’t see difference unless you are consistent anyway so stop obsessing, it paralyzes your actions......
~Just Saying~


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lime and Basil Tilapia
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:09 am 
Offline
VIP
User avatar

Joined: 06.2009
Posts: 1279
Location: Smashing Faces
Gender: Male
Minnesota_BB wrote:
1/4 c olive oil?

:drop:



1tbsp per filet


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lime and Basil Tilapia
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:26 pm 
Offline
SR. Member
User avatar

Joined: 02.2010
Posts: 852
Location: I'm lost.When you find me let me know.
Gender: Female
Can you just come to my place and make that for me? I'm sick of cooking for myself! :boobs:

_________________
JUST SAYIN'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lime and Basil Tilapia
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 pm 
Offline
VIP
User avatar

Joined: 06.2009
Posts: 1433
Location: Inside the cookis Jar..
Gender: Male
DolphinsPeace777 wrote:
Can you just come to my place and make that for me? I'm sick of cooking for myself! :boobs:


I would gladly do so.. :pecker: :pecker:

_________________
People always trade in something they WANT, for something they want right NOW, and then complain when they don't get results....


Top
 Profile Personal Album  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lime and Basil Tilapia
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:31 am 
Offline
SR. Member
User avatar

Joined: 02.2010
Posts: 852
Location: I'm lost.When you find me let me know.
Gender: Female
Shamrock wrote:
DolphinsPeace777 wrote:
Can you just come to my place and make that for me? I'm sick of cooking for myself! :boobs:


I would gladly do so.. :pecker: :pecker:



Okie Dokie....I'll leave the door open. Can you be here around 6? :heart:

_________________
JUST SAYIN'


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] Go to page  1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
cron
© phpBB® Forum Software | phpBB3 free Forum by UserBoard.org | All Rights Reserved.
» Contact & Abuse Support-Forum Gooof Webdesign free forum Dein Forumo Forum web tracker