Post subject: Re: He was a good egg... Eggs, quiches, omelettes..egg-catera?
Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:38 am
Location: somewhere...over the rainbow
Originally from M&F:
11 ways to scramble your eggs/egg whites/egg beaters
1) Turmeric and cumin scramble: 1/4 tsp ground turmeric, 1/4 tsp ground cumin and 1 tsp ground chipotle or black pepper.
2)Garlic and pepper scramble: 1/4 tsp ground turmeric, 1/4 tsp garlic powder or granules, and 1/8 - 1/4 tsp ground balck, red or chipotle pepper.
3)Hickory smoked scramble: 1/4 tsp turmeric, 1/4 tsp liquid hickory smoke seasoning, 1/8 - 1/4 tsp ground red or black pepper. For a sausage-like flavor add 1/4 tsp cumin or sage.
4) Tex mex scramble: 1/4 tsp ground turmeric, 1/4 tsp ground cumin, 1/4 tsp dried oregano.
5) Scrambled eggs with chili powder: 1/2 - 1/4 tsp chili powder blend.
6) Italian scramble: 1/4 tsp ground turmeric and 1/4 tsp dried basil, with 1/4 tsp dried oregano. optional: 1/2 tsp minced garlic or 1/4 tsp garlic powder. optional: 1 pinch ground black pepper and/or 2-3 minced sundried tomato halves.
7)French scramble: 1/4 tsp ground turmeric, 1/4 tsp dried tarragon, 1 tsp dried chives ( or 1 tbsp fresh, chopped chives)optional 1/8 tsp ground black pepper.
8) Hungarian scramble: 1/4 tsp paprika with 1/4 tsp dried dill weed, or 1/4 tsp paprika with 1/8 tsp black pepper. optional: add a dash of minced sweet red and/or green bell peppers or onions to the egg mixture before cooking.
9) Chicken and egg scramble: combine one egg and two egg whites and 1-2 oz cooked chicken breast (chopped), with any of the seasoning combos above.
10) Salmon and egg scramble: 1 egg, 2 whites, 1-2 oz cooked flaked salmon, 1/4 tsp turmeric, 1/8 tsp ground red or black pepper, 1/4 tsp dry mustard or dill weed. for a smoky taste add 1/2 tsp liquid hickory smoke seasoning.
11) Turkey and egg scramble: 1 egg, 4 whites, seasoning of your choice, 1-2 strips cooked turkey bacon, minced or cut with shears (you could also use pre-cooked ground turkey breast).
Online Personal Training - send me an email at email@example.com for more info!