The Fitness Focus

It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

AuthorMessage
 Post subject: I miss running.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:31 pm 

Anybody miss the days when you were supposed to run a few miles in the morning? I used to do a load of running. I was planning to join the forces at the time (couldn't in the end- I developed a nasty little psychosis that put me out of action for quite some time), and I used to run 5 miles or so before school. I wouldn't necessarily want to return to running 25+ miles a week, but there's things about it I kind of miss. Not least the simplicity- not having to worry about what program I should be following, etc. But also the feeling after I finished a run, and the 'buzz' you get from clearing difficult hills, etc.
Anybody else have a peculiar nostalgia for long distance running?

Post subject: Re: I miss running.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:44 pm 
VIP

I used to run quite a bit and I do miss the feeling it leaves you with. Nothing made me feel better, like I had the world by the tail. I still do some running but nothing like I used to do. It's still a great feeling but I try to watch how much I expose myself to impact these days. These days I do sprint intervals with an occassional 2 or 3 mile jog.

Cleans out the body imho.

Post subject: Re: I miss running.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:47 am 

I took a small break from running but started it up again last week. I feel great afterwards. Im starting back small, 1-2 miles tue & thur and 3-4 miles on the weekend. my energy level has raised so much its crazy. :). :doodoo: