The Fitness Focus

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

AuthorMessage
 Post subject: Creatine and benefits
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:10 pm 
Global Moderator

I love using creatine when the timing is right. One of my favorite supps so I wanted to share some knowledge

Benefits:
Stimulates muscle growth in two diff. ways. It allows you to perform more work and as a result you have more energy creating increased protein synthesis. Also when creatine is stored the muscles create a more volumized look. The more vloume a muscle has it will create an increased level of glycogen. There is a little bit of information that also states that increased creatine will repair tears.

It has shown to promote the levels of GH in the body as well. Although there is no proof there is allot of studies out there supporting this. Only thing with all the studies there is no working out allowed to raise the natural levels.

In women the largest benefit is the abilty to add muscle mass. Women generlaly have a harder time than men do. Creatine has shown the abilty to aid women in adding muscle and some signifigant gains in strength. It also increases the abilty to burn more calories due to carrying more muscle. Although the muscle will hold water.

Research has shown that creatines main purpouse is to aid with energy. I have to agree with this fact. I can remember back in 94 this was a very new product. I was paying almost $75 for a small bottle. However I could never max out on my running in the service. After two months of creatine use I ran like there was a goddamn cougar chasing me. My strength was crazy but my ability to burn energy was nuts.

To the day I sear by creating espicially since there are all kinds of creatine to use. My favore is SIze On by far

Post subject: Re: Creatine and benefits
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:11 pm 

the one time I used creatine for more than a couple weeks I experienced great gains with min. water retention...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:29 am 
Global Moderator

irish420 wrote:
the one time I used creatine for more than a couple weeks I experienced great gains with min. water retention...

nowaday the creatine is far more superior to when I used to pay $60 for a weeks worth. I was taking this stuff in 93 when it first hit the market and tasted like chalk. But man did I love the reults

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:08 am 
VIP

I'm using it now and i seem to be holding a bit of water. not sure why.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:01 pm 
Global Moderator

Hawk200 wrote:

Thats what is does Hawk lol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:48 am 
VIP

Judge wrote:
Hawk200 wrote:

Thats what is does Hawk lol

Yeah, but i didn't realize i would put on 6lbs of water in a week! oh well, it will pay off in the end.