The Fitness Focus

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

AuthorMessage
 Post subject: Shakes and metal
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:09 am 
Global Moderator

June 3 (THAINDIAN NEWS) For those who are looking to lose those unwanted pounds, need a boost of energy, wish to build their muscle mass, or are looking to remain healthy and young, the manufacturers of protein drinks can offer some tempting promises.
So I work with a real health nut. To the point she is annoying when it comes to talking about food and crap. She is the women who got me the job but thinks she knows everything there is to health. She is very smart but sometimes to much. One of those women who works out 3hrs a day and is a rail and says she is healthy. Anyway she is always giving me shit for drinking muscle milk. She makes her own shakes and tells me how much better they are for you. Well she loved telling me this the other day. REad an interesting article. Comicle that hte same day I had a physical and my Dr told me I was in perfect condition.

Interesting though

Protein shakes, and liquid nutritional supplements are usually mixed with milk, juice, or water to make shakes, that are full of vitamins and proteins. These drink mixes attract athletes, body builders, baby boomers, teenagers, and pregnant women. The nutrients which are packed into these liquids, however, are unfortunately not alone. According to Consumer Reports, these drink can also contain dangerous chemicals and additives.

The ingredients cadmium, lead, arsenic, and mercury were all found in these supplemental drinks. Any of these chemicals can be very dangerous when taken in large quantities or over time. Cadmium is the main concern in the report from Consumer Reports, since it causes serious damage to the kidneys if taken for long periods of time.

A statement from Consumer Reports said, “What we’re concerned about here is the chronic low level exposure of a heavy metal. And what people should know, is that heavy metals, once they come into our bodies, once they’re metabolized, they tend to stay there for a long period of time.”

Post subject: Re: Shakes and metal
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:10 pm 

:) Thanks Judge that is good to know. I sometimes get these shakes when I don't have time. How can they sell this stuff it is poison to people :rant:

Post subject: Re: Shakes and metal
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:32 am 
Global Moderator

Croutons wrote:
:) Thanks Judge that is good to know. I sometimes get these shakes when I don't have time. How can they sell this stuff it is poison to people :rant:

Croutons I have been taking these for years and have had no issues. I think this is just more FDA bullcrap